The European H2020 project STRATEGY (Facilitating EU pre-standardization process through streamlining and validating interoperability in systems and procedures involved in the crisis management cycle) seeks to promote pre-standardization of systems and procedures related to Crisis Management by streamlining, testing and validating standards, guidelines and recommendations; focusing on interoperability aspects according to the operational needs of practitioners.
Please take note of the following opportunity to be part of this ongoing pre-standardization effort in the EU.
Invitation to Interested Stakeholders
STRATEGY project invites all interested stakeholders to attend the upcoming kick off meetings of the specific CEN/CENELEC workshops listed below.
- CWA on “Structuring the emergency response plans of public safety agencies focusing on incidents such as CBRN and waste disposal plants emergencies” (https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2021/workshop/2021-12-17-cwa-emergency-response-plans/) – 27th January 2022
- CWA on “Standardisation of Implementation Guidelines for evaluation and assessment reporting of exercises for crisis management” (https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2021/workshop/2021-12-14-cwa-crisis-management/) – 8th February 2022
- CWA on “Specifications for Digital Scenarios for Search and Rescue Exercises” (https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2021/workshop/2021-12-14-cwa-specifications-for-digital-scenarios-for-search-and-rescue-exercises/) – 10th February 2022
- CWA on “Management of forest fire incidents – SITAC-based symbology” (https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2022/workshop/2022-01-11-management-of-forest-fire-incidents-sitac-based-symbology/ ) – 16th February 2022
- CWA on “Collaborative Emergency Response – Communication and sharing of operational information among multiple public safety agencies”(https://www.cencenelec.eu/news-and-events/news/2022/workshop/2022-01-11-collaborative-emergency-response/) – 18th February 2022
This process will offer a unique collaboration opportunity for interested parties to engage in a constructive dialogue with crisis management experts, standardization bodies, industry and research representatives, technology providers, first responders and end-users.
All interested stakeholders are kindly invited to declare their willingness to participate in one or several of the aforementioned workshops (CWA) using the respective registration form and to visit the dedicated project web page (https://strategy-project.eu/cen-workshops/) that will be continuously updated with announcements of additional workshops.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to additional stakeholders that may also be interested.
A few words about the STRATEGY project
STRATEGY project aims to build and implement a pan-European pre-standardization framework and to map, test and validate new and existing standards across eight thematic streams in crisis management:
- Search and rescue
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Response planning
- Command and control
- Early warning and Rapid damage assessment
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and high-yield Explosive threats (CBRN-E)
The ultimate project goal is to strengthen the resilience of the EU against all types of natural & man-made disasters (multi-hazard approach), by ensuring first responders’ safety and empowering their operational capacity through standardisation that may support next generation solutions and procedures, ensuring an effective and efficient collaborative response to crises.
Promoting EU-Wide Standards & Policy
STRATEGY will support policy makers and relevant authorities in their efforts to improve the management of cross-border crises by increasing the harmonisation of disaster management systems, tools and procedures. To achieve this, STRATEGY will address standardization aspects of the above eight thematic streams through drafting a total of eleven CWAs in properly planned CEN-CENELEC Workshops and two new CEN Technical Specifications (TS) in cooperation with the relevant CEN Technical Committee.
For any further information regarding the above, please contact STRATEGY project coordinator at email@example.com.